The following list is intended to provide you with a broad overview of certain factors that should be reflected in your estimate:
- Zodia requires specially formulated inks, coatings and adhesives. Consult with your suppliers for more information.
- Unopened packages of Zodia must acclimate to printing room conditions approximately 24 hours prior to printing.
- Optimal conditions for printing on Zodia:
|Room Temperature||65°F – 75°F|
|Humidity||40% – 50%|
- Typically, blankets will need to be washed every 2,000 to 3,000 sheets to remove filler dust.
- Set aside enough delivery boards to be able to rack jobs on 4-inch lifts.
- Plan to back up all two sided printing jobs within 24 to 48 hours to prevent gas ghosting.
- Sheets must be aired-up to facilitate drying.
|With Aqueous Coating:||Aired within 1-2 hours|
|Without Aqueous Coating:||Aired after ink sets|
- To maximize drying, press speed should not exceed 7000 impressions per hour.
- Zodia is non-absorptive and inks must dry completely by oxidation. This process will require longer setting and drying times.
To receive a copy of printing recommendations, please call or fill out the Contact Us page.